The 260-2103 Rain Logger is an event data logger that connects to standard tipping bucket rain gauges to provide detailed rainfall history. The data can be useful in a wide range of fields such as agriculture, forestry, hydrology, and climatology.
This compact unit comes in a weatherproof case. It records the date and time of each bucket tip, along with the accumulated hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly totals. Data is stored in nonvolatile EEPROM memory that retains collected data even if the battery fails. The LCD display shows the total accumulated rainfall. Direct USB connectivity provides fast data download.
The 260-2103 runs for up to 1 year on a user-replaceable battery.
The 84,650 tip/event capacity can record up to 846" of rainfall between readouts at 0.01" per tip. The real time display will update with each tip of the bucket. For start up and readout, the 260-2103 connects easily to your PC using the 195-BHW-KIT Software Starter Kit. The 195-BHW Software Pro is required only for use with the 195-U-DT-1 U-Shuttle Data Transporter. The starter kit includes the software CD and a 6' USB interface cable. The cable connects to an available USB port on your PC.
If you order the 260-2103RGI Rain Gauge Installation, the rain gauge cable will be removed and the logger will be installed inside the gauge. The gauge and logger must be purchased together.
- LCD display; total count, battery and memory status
- User selectable scaling; inches or millimeters
- Flexible start and stop options
- Offload logged data or check status while logging
- Print graphs
- Print preview
- Event type: Relay contact closure (rain gauge tip)
- Event resolution: 0.5 seconds
- Minimum event duration: 20 microseconds
- Operating temperature: -4° to +158° F (-20° to +70° C)
- Timekeeping accuracy: ±1 minute per month at 20° C
- Capacity: 84,650 events (128KB)
- Download time: 15 seconds
- Battery: CR-2032 lithium
- LCD display: LCD is visible from 31° to 122°F (0° to 50°C); the LCD may react slowly or go blank in temperatures outside this range.
- Waterproof case: Clear ABS, 2.7" x 4.3" x 1.3"
Computer System Requirements
- Windows: Windows 8 and 8.1 (Core, Pro), Windows 7 (Pro, Ultimate and Home Premium), Windows 10 (Home, Pro)
- Windows 7 Enterprise: Please note that, while HOBOware has been modified to work on Windows 7 Enterprise, there may be local configurations of that operating system that will not work with HOBOware.
- Mac: OS X Versions 10.9.x, 10.10.x and 10.11.x
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.7.0_17 and above (32-bit or 64-bit on Windows). Please note that version 1.6, also known as Java 6, is no longer supported. See the time zone note below.
- One of the following Internet browsers: Safari 7 and 8, Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 and 11, as well as the most recent versions of Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024x768. Recommended screen resolution of 1280x800 or greater particularly for non-English users.
- 256+ colors
- Processor Speed, Memory, and Disk Space